According to a Gartner report published last April, ¨By 2025, 80% of enterprises will have shut down their traditional data center, versus 10% today¨. Digital Infrastructures like the NAP of the Americas will emerge, and lead the way. The Miami NAP (owned by Equinix) is the fourth-largest Internet exchange point in the U.S. and serves as a strategic hub for Equinix customers servicing Latin America. It hosts the termination points of 15 sub-sea cable systems and more than 120 global networks connecting some 150 countries.
“It literally represents, from a data center and telecommunications standpoint, the gateway to the Caribbean, Central America, and South America. It always has since it was built,” Karl Strohmeyer, president, Americas, for Equinix, said in a phone interview with the Miami Herald back in May 2017. “And what that means is lots of data and cloud communications go in and out of that building. … It has six floors and two of the floors have not been built out so there is a lot of growth we look forward to unleashing.”
Now, Equinix is adding more than 60,000 square feet on the 5th floor of the Network Access Point (NAP) to ensure that their customers and partners like SLAS Consulting can keep leading the way in the digital era. And they want to celebrate it with all of us.
SLAS Consulting, Consensus Hosting Services Partner, is extending Equinix invitation to all of Consensus Customers to a Celebration next Thursday at Epic Hotel that will include optional tours of NAP of The Americas.
Date: Thursday, August 16th
Time: 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Tours: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Where: Epic Hotel, 270 Biscayne Blvd Way, Miami, FL 33131 (with optional tours of NAP of The Americas)
- Transportation between the Epic Hotel and NAP will be provided
- Parking will be covered
- If you need special assistance, please email: email@example.com
Why do we think you should attend?
- If your systems are not hosted now, chances are they will be in the future (If we believe the Gartner Report) and this is an opportunity to get a glimpse at how the future looks.
- If your systems are already hosted with our Hosting Service Partner, SLAS Consulting, you will get to meet all the team in person, and visit the impressive facilities where your systems live.
- Security measures are especially strict at the NAP, and it is rare to be granted access.
Some interesting facts about NAP of the Americas
- Located in central Miami, NAP is a purpose-built data center designed to withstand category five hurricanes
- Construction started in 2000, and it came online in June 2001, just after the dot-com bubble burst and three months before 9/11 – “the worst time in internet history to bring a company like this one online”, according to NAP engineer Ben Stewart
- The building has an uninterrupted power supply provided by 12 systems
- More than 160 carriers exchange information
Space is limited, so early registration is recommended. To register, click here.